* The Warnke Bridge, #14 over Swamp Creek on the Swamp Creek Road in Harrison Township, was built in 1895. The little iron pony-truss bridge on the site was badly damaged by a flood in 1895. E.S.Sherman was hired to do the repair work and the result was an entirely new bridge. It was the last covered bridge built for road traffic in the county and the last for Sherman who died soon after. The stone came from the Lewisburg quarries and the bridge was finished in 1896. It was named for the Warnke family who lived nearby.
*Source, the 1992 Preble County History book.